In this journey I found Dr. Mike Murdock; I am so grateful to God for him. In September I had written down this list of things he has taught me. It is a true and heartfelt list. I share them in honor of his great life and example:
- Thank you for teaching me that I must talk verbally with the Lord; that thoughts are not prayers.
- Thank you for teaching me that God does not respond to our pain, but to our pursuit.
- Thank you for teaching me that God is not in charge of my decisions, but that I am responsible for pursuing wisdom and understanding and making decisions based on what I know.
- Thank you for teaching me that God’s Word is the basis of every decision and that it does not work unless applied in obedience.
- Thank you for teaching me that God’s judgments and curses are as much a part of the covenant as His blessings and that it is my responsibility to know if I have done wrong and am being judged, or if I have done well and am under attack–that the Holy Spirit will discern the difference with His Word.
- Thank you for teaching me that God will not teach me what He has given another to teach, so I must pursue godly counsel as well as pursuing God.
- Thank you for teaching me that the Holy Spirit is the only person of the Godhead presently on the earth and that I must stay in constant relationship with Him.
- Thank you for teaching me that I shouldn’t and don’t have to give up, that I can always reach out for God in my darkest hour.
Thank you, Dr. Murdock.
If you are looking for sound, biblical guidance, I wholeheartedly endorse Dr. Murdock. You can find him online at http://wisdomonline.com I highly suggest subscribing to his Morning Motivation daily devotional–it’s short and always great.